Things I'm thankful for:
- Our incredibly loving and supportive group of family and friends.
- Our parents whom do everything they can to help us out as much as possible.
- Tom's friends and family for their amazing sense of community in pulling together to help raise money for our impending medical bill doom.
- My family for coming down and making Thanksgiving dinner for us.
- My incredibly awesome neighbors, who have been taking care of Izzy for us so that I don't have to drive back and forth to let her out.
- Our awesome friends who spent two hours sorting out their son's legos, so that Tom could have the requested black and grey ones.
- A reliable and somewhat gas efficient car to drive the over 1,000 miles that I've driven in just the past two weeks!!!!!!
- My grandmother who sends me surprises in the mail, like books on dog psychology and wonderful Starbucks cards.
- The "girl time" I was able to have last week, a lovely day at the museum!
- The fact that we live in Northern California, which is a wonderful place to be if you're in the position we are... as far as healthcare. I am so grateful/thankful that science has come so far and that there isn't just one place, but a few that are cutting edge and capable to ensure that my husband is going to make it through this.
- I am thankful that I work (or worked, rather) for Starbucks and because of that, I am enjoying a delicious cup of Thanksgiving blend brewed from the Family Room at the hospital... it's delicious.
- I am also thankful that this company (Starbucks) gave me lots of stock over the years and it's helped us quite a bit: a couple years ago it paid for our wedding, last year it paid for our move, this year it's going to help us through this awful time. Thank you Starbucks!
- I am thankful that this hospital has a "family room" in the bone marrow transplant ward, where we can store and cook food to make it feel more like home... and get out of his hospital room.
I am sure that I could go on and on, but the point is: Even when things seem super awful, there are ten times more things to be thankful for... and that's what we should celebrate.
Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!!!!